McCorry Family USA

A collection of postings by and about members of the extended family of Charles and Bridget McCorry who live in the United States.

Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Send Sr. B. a Valentine’s Day Card

Sr. Benedicta is doing fine at the Provena McAuley Convent in Aurora, although like everyone, she’s grieving the loss of her sister Betty Schield and brother-in-law Bud Jonas. She wasn’t able to make either service. Sr. Acquinice called me today to ask me to post a request for all of you who can to mail Sr. B a Valentine’s Day card. She’s thinking of creating a collage of them to display in Sr. B.’s room.
If you’d like to send the cards to this address:

Sr. Mary Benedicta
Provena McAuley Convent
400 W. Sullivan Rd.
Aurora, IL 60506

Valentine’s Day is next Tuesday.
Also, I’ve been meaning to share with you that the Schields are hosting a cousins’ reunion this coming July 21, a Saturday, at the family cottage in Neillsville. They’re probably going to send out an Evite or more details on this blog closer to the date, but I invite you to save the date now. At Aunt Betty’s service last month, Joe Schield said people could stay at local motels or pitch tents right on the basketball court at the cottage, to which I replied, “Oh, you mean like Occupy Never-Never Land?” (I’ll be here all week.)
Lastly, thanks to Anna Borden (Jonas) for sending me some of the memorial cards for Uncle Bud for me to share with my family out here in California. I neglected to pick them up when I was at the service for Uncle Bud, but I did get a few from Aunt Betty’s service.
God bless.
Robert Mullins

0 Comments:

<< Home