McCorry Family USA

A collection of postings by and about members of the extended family of Charles and Bridget McCorry who live in the United States.

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Arrangements for Aunt Mary Ann McCorry Services

Brian McCorry wrote this afternoon to say that the family has made the following arrangements for a service to honor their mother, who died April 16:

Date: Friday, May 17th
Location: Church of St. Peter - Quincy, IL
Time: 5:00 p.m. CDT
There will be a gathering Friday evening following mass (location TBD) 


UPDATE:  How cool is this?! Brian's son Patrick just sent me this photo of Dan and Mary Ann's wedding on June 24th, 1950.


I told Patrick he won the McCorry Blog Contributor of the Year award for this gem. It reminds me that I remember hearing that Dan and Mary Ann met at the wedding of my parents a year earlier on May 14, 1949. The guy on the right with the camera kind of looks like my dad but I can't be sure.

Brian said additional details on the service for his mom will be forthcoming. The fact that it's a month from now should give people a chance to make travel arrangements to Quincy.
I noticed that several of you who saw yesterday's post paid tribute to Aunt Mary Ann on your Facebook pages. That was a nice touch. 
I also received a comment from Anna Jonas Borden:

"I have some very fond memories of Aunt Mary Ann from a childhood visit to Quincy.  I also enjoyed reconnecting a bit through emails in more recent years.  She had such a positive outlook and great energy.  My thoughts are with all the McCorry families who will miss her most."

I'll keep you posted on further developments in the planning. Also, feel free to comment on this blog with your thoughts on Mary Ann.

Robert Mullins

3 Comments:

At 2:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The 50s wedding photo has remarkable fashion !
The hats , the white gloves & pearls !!

Aunt Maryann looks radiant !

She told me .... When I die. I want you all to CELEBRATE MY LIFE !

Love ,

Eileen Mullins

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger slammers14 said...

This is great and I will miss my grandma this is a special Olympics current athlete love Michael Drabik

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger slammers14 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home