McCorry Family USA

A collection of postings by and about members of the extended family of Charles and Bridget McCorry who live in the United States.

Saturday, May 03, 2008

Casey writes about his hero

My nephew Casey, age 13, wrote this school essay about his hero.


My Hero

By: Casey Mullins


Who: My dad John “Moon” Mullins

Born: October 30, 1958

Died: He may not be here but he is living in me.

My hero is my dad because he was always there for me. If I was sad he would tell a joke and make me happy. If I wanted to feel like I was a part of something he would let me help with whatever it was that he was doing from making margaritas to putting a nail in a wall he would let me help. If I was hungry or bored we would make cookies or bake a pie, and if I messed up on something we would just start all over again.

Sometimes when I didn’t want to go to daycare he would let me hang out with him for the day. Take me to work or just go somewhere and have fun.

Describing Words

Funny- He always had a joke to tell

Laid-back- always got the job done and made it look easy

Caring- if someone lost something he would go out of his way to get it back

Serious if he had to be- he took care of the financial affairs after his parents died

I always feel that my dad is with me no matter where I go.

When I went to Ireland with my family we went to the Mountain of the Kings. When we were spreading my dad’s ashes I threw mine away from me. Everyone’s ashes but mine blew away but my ashes came right back to me. After that happened I said, “my dad doesn’t want to leave me”.

Almost every night my bedroom door will open by itself. I think to myself that it is my dad coming in to say good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home